Monday, November 12, 2012

A Whisper Into Cyberspace

Why am I here? What a tortured thing to think at 4:26 AM when you're in the middle of nowhere in the world. I closed my eyes and looked into the night sky to be overwhelmed by the vast universe we live in. I opened them to see the empty wall where I had planned to hang endless photos of my past, posters of my favourite bands and all sorts of of fun things to make my day a little brighter. 

Why did I create this blog? I guess that's an easier question to answer. About an hour ago I found myself writing some lyrics about how I felt, e-mailing my uncle about how I was feeling and telling a couple Facebook friends stories from the past to ease my mind. Well, this blog is a whisper into cyberspace. My thoughts, my feelings, my stories told to an empty wall where many faces could be starring back at me, listening intently or ignoring my every word. I pick up my guitar, sit outside and sing into the night sky. Depending on where you're standing, lying or sitting... you may hear my voice as a whisper or you may hear it as a shout, and depending where you are in your life, you may read this, never read this, ignore this or read it until you can figure out exactly where I am. 

Quite honestly, I don't know what's going to follow this post, if anything at all. This might just be nonsense writing to put you and I to sleep but I do hope it goes somewhere. Let's see...

Alex Hamel

No comments:

Post a Comment